Heavy rain causes leak chaos on UAE Villa’s and Business owners
UAE: Rainfall in Dubai is infrequent and does not last for a long period. It mostly rains during the winter period between November and March in the form of short downpours and an occasional thunderstorm. On average, rain falls only 25 days a year.
When the rain comes it is a common thing that you will flood on-road and some leaks within the villa or your warehouse. But as an owner of those properties is something that we don’t want to experience, here are some tips you can do to keep your home or business and as waterproof as possible:
- Check hoses and faucets regularly. Experts recommend checking hoses that lead to your AC pipe, washing machine, water meter, water tank, and refrigerator on an annual basis, looking for cracks or water leaks. They also recommend replacing all hoses every five up to seven years.
- Make sure your roof will be able to shelter you from adverse weather conditions, you must get it inspected during the summer season before rain season comes. We know rain is coming, so this is how you can get your roof ready on time in case there’s any repair work to be done. After the inspection, you’ll know if you need to replace broken tiles, and this way you’ll be free of roof leaks.
- Even the smallest of cracks in your foundation can cause water damage. To avoid this, you need to make sure you repair any cracks. Get your foundation walls inspected and seal any cracks found ASAP, no matter how small. You’ll also want to direct water away from the foundation, so make sure your grading slopes away from your home’s foundations. Additionally, you’ll want to seal any pipe openings, ductwork, and wires found under your home.
- Leak-Proof doors and windows -If you have low placed windows, access points, or door entrance you may use sandbags as a flood barrier to barricade these areas minimizing the risk of flooding and more damage
- Check your windows and doors and make sure there are no gaps for the water to penetrate inside that may cause wall dampness and a bad smell
These are just a few tips we can share to prevent flooding inside your home or even a catastrophe that happens to your business. However, some of the leak problems will only be visible when the rain comes. Leaks are very tricky and they hide behind our walls, the damage it creates is equal to money lost trying to solve the problem.
But you don’t have to worry, nowadays the advanced technology in finding the leak is now available in UAE. Not everything can be avoided but with a Leak detection team expert, the old stubborn leak will visible to your eyes.
For more information on how we can help with your water leakage especially after heavy rain in dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, or wherever you maybe contact us for a free consultation!
Related Video: https://youtu.be/H0mcsrra1ko